It was a difficult decision to make but on the other hand it

It was a difficult decision to make but on the other hand it

Notapor wang0816 » Mar Nov 21, 2017 4:54 am

Of all people, Michal Handzus scored in double overtime to keep the Chicago Blackhawks alive, with a 5-4 Chicago win in Game Five sending the series back to Los Angeles. Adam Larsson Jersey . Handzus has been maligned through the postseason, even acknowledging his struggles -- as though its his fault that the Blackhawks frequently pin their second-line centre hopes on a 37-year-old centre who last scored more than 30 points in 2009-2010 -- but he still had the wherewithal to handle a pass in his skates, deke to the backhand and lift the puck over Kings G Jonathan Quick for the game-winner. Handzus was set up on the game-winning play by LW Brandon Saad, the Blackhawks 21-year-old man-child who was a force all night, picking up a goal and two assists, finishing with seven shots on goal and 10 shot attempts (Marian Hossa, with 11, and Bryan Bickell, with 10, were other Blackhawks with double-digit shot attempts). Saad now has 13 points in the postseason, two points behind Chicagos team leaders. One of those leaders is Patrick Kane, the talented winger who had managed one assist in the first four games of the series, but delivered a big game for Chicago in Game Five, putting up four assists. The only other player in Blackhawks history to register four assists in a playoff games was Steve Larmer, agsinst St. Louis April 30, 1990. Kane and Saad also had the best possession numbers for the Blackhawks in the game. With Kane on the ice, at 5-on-5, the Blackhawks had 28 shot attempts for and 16 against (63.6%); with Kane off the ice, the Blackhawks had 46.0% of the shot attempts. Over the past four games, Saad has been on for 68 of 103 5-on-5 shot attempts (66.0%). Blackhawks D Johnny Oduya had a goal and an assist, giving him 15 points in 40 playoff games, which ranks 11th among defencemen over the past two seasons. Blackhawks RW Andrew Shaw had quite a game, picking up a couple assists and tying Bryan Bickell for the team lead with eight hits, doing so while playing on a clearly injured right leg after getting tangled up with Kings D Jake Muzzin. For the Kings, captain Dustin Brown is relishing his return to Anze Kopitars wing and scored a goal and an assist, with a team-leading eight hits. Marian Gaborik also had a goal and an assist for the Kings; it was Gaboriks playoff-leading 11th goal. The standout for the Kings was D Drew Doughty, who didnt register a point, but had nine shots on goal and a dozen shot attempts, in a game-high 39:04 of ice time. Both goaltenders, Corey Crawford and Jonathan Quick had ups and downs throughout the game, but each ended up stopping 40 shots in a game that saw the Blackhawks outshoot the Kings 45-44, and out-attempt them 81-76. It was close and competitive, and included a thrilling overtime period as the Blackhawks staved off elimination in front of their home crowd. The kind of game that makes fans yearn for more between these two teams. Now, its to Game Six, back in Los Angeles and Chicago, which seemed to be on its last legs going into Game Five, has some life. They still need to win two more against a Kings team that has been playing tremendous hockey, but weve seen momentum swings in this years playoffs -- teams losing multi-goal leads in games and multi-game leads in series -- that should hearten the Blackhawks. If they can find a way to take Game Six, theyll get Game Seven back in Sweet Home Chicago. Scott Cullen can be reached at Scott.Cullen@bellmedia.ca and followed on Twitter at http://twitter.com/tsnscottcullen. For more, check out TSN Fantasy on Facebook. Paul Coffey Jersey . "Well over 50 (per cent)," coach Claude Noel said Tuesday after practice, where the Jets were looking at ways to cut down the scoring chances theyve been giving away. Mark Messier Jersey . Some members of the U.S. Congress arent so sure. They say Russia isnt doing enough to assure that athletes will be protected at the Feb. 7-23 games, happening not far from an Islamic insurgency that Russias huge security apparatus has struggled for two decades to quell. Russia may run greater risks in towns outside the tightly controlled Olympic zone. Suicide bombs last month a few hundred kilometres (miles) away have increased concerns, and an Islamic warlord has urged his followers to attack the Sochi Olympics, Russian President Vladimir Putins pet project. http://www.hockeyoilersshop.com/andrej-sekera-jersey/ . On Thursday theyll learn even more. Despite the cloud of uncertainty that has followed them around from the moment general manager Masai Ujiri was brought in to put his stamp on the franchise, the Raptors have surpassed all pre-season expectations.TORONTO -- Shea Emry and Tim Burke are together again. The Toronto Argonauts signed the veteran linebacker to a three-year deal Tuesday, hours after the start of CFL free agency. The move reunites Emry with Tim Burke, the new Argos defensive co-ordinator who held the same post in Montreal when Emry began his pro career in 2008. "We (Emry and Burke) had a brief conversation after I signed and it was great, it was just like old times," Emry said during a conference call. "Im super excited with the dynamic aspects he wants to bring to it. "Im a guy whos been in the defence that really allowed me to flourish and be the player I want to be." Toronto also signed former Edmonton Eskimos offensive lineman Scott Mitchell as a free agent Tuesday. Emry will replace veteran Robert McCune in the middle of Torontos defence. McCune was the clubs tackling leader last season but became a free agent Tuesday as well. "I think youre getting a player of similar mould," Argos head coach Scott Milanovich said when asked to compare Emry with McCune. "One of the things Ive always said about Shea from when he was a rookie is theres a certain number of players in the league that when the games on the line and you need a play, you hear it said all the time, this guy is around the ball and making a play. "Thats one of the biggest strengths Shea has, is when the moment is at its biggest, thats when he seems to make a play and change the game. I dont know thats different from Robert McCune but Im certainly thrilled. Ive watched Shea since he was a rookie ... Im sure he had many many offers and Im honoured he chose to join the Double Blue." Emry, 27, of Richmond, B.C., spent the first six years of his career with Montreal, helping the Alouettes earn Grey Cup titles 2009 and 2010. Burke was the defensive co-ordinator on those championship teams but left to join head coach Paul LaPolices staff in Winnipeg in 2011. Burke became the Bombers head coach after LaPolice was fired in August 2011 and held that position until being let go by Winnipeg following the 2013 campaign. "The one guy we highlighted was Shea Emry and if he stayed available he was the guy we were going to go hard on," Argos general manager Jim Barker said. "We felt like hes the right guy, the piece to help us and Tim Burke in terms of putting in his defence a guy whos played for him and obviously is a ratio changer. "He just brings all the things we look for on this football team." Milanovich is also intimately familiar wiith Emry, having won Grey Cups as Montreals offensive co-ordinator before coming to Toronto prior to the 2012 campaign. Cam Talbot Jersey. . Also, offensive co-ordinator Marcus Brady is a former Alouettes assistant. "I wanted to make my decision based on the football club," Emry said. "I know Jim and Scott run a tight ship around there, no pun intended. "I really respect Scott and respect Marcus and Tim ... I recognize theres a culture in there I want to be a part of. That was a big part of the decision. I want to be part of a winning culture and a culture that allows players to play together and flourish as a team." The seventh overall pick in the 2008 CFL draft, Emry has 261 tackles, 13 sacks, three fumble recoveries and four interceptions in his career. Emrys best season came in 2012 when he totalled a career-best 87 tackles, including seven sacks, and was named the East Divisions top Canadian and defensive MVP. He was also an East Division and CFL all-star. He said leaving Montreal is hard. "It was a difficult decision to make but on the other hand it came down to something that was really easy, it was a values-based decision," he said. "Going into this free-agency market, I knew I wanted to make a decision based on values and not where my heart laid. "I wanted to give Montreal the proper gratitude for drafting me and for having given me six great years of football and the opportunity to play football. Coming down this morning and having all the offers on the table, it made it an easy decision to go to a franchise ... that presents a great opportunity for me to step in and allow myself to be the man I want to be." The six-foot-four, 295-pound Mitchell was the second player taken in the 2011 CFL draft by Edmonton. The 24-year-old Ottawa native spent the last three years with the Eskimos. The addition of Emry and Mitchell certainly fill definite needs for Toronto, which lost starting offensive lineman Joe Epelle and versatile linebacker Jason Pottinger, both Canadians, to the expansion Ottawa Redblacks in December. The Argos also announced they signed OL Scott Mitchell, formely of the Edmonton Eskimos, and WR Mike Bradwell to a two-year extension. "Scott is a talented, young Canadian lineman who was a very good collegiate prospect coming out of a large U.S. football program," Argos GM Jim Barker said in a team release. "He now has three years of professional experience in our league and we look forward to seeing him develop with us in Toronto." Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Jerseys From China Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys ' ' '
wang0816

Volver a Casos urgentes